Registering is hard to do
- Loyola offers a great template for plotting schedules online at luc.edu/schedulebuilder. Print out a few to see which classes fit together and which will have you running from one end of campus to the other. Be sure to add in blocks for clubs and other activities you’re involved in.
- Use your shopping cart on LOCUS so when your registration time rolls around, you’re not scrambling to add classes from all over the website. The shopping cart option also shows you when classes fill up, so finding alternates isn’t a last-minute fit of frustration.
- Travelling between campuses? Be sure to budget your time accordingly. Traffic flow in Chicago is just as temperamental as the weather has been this spring, so be wary if there’s less than 30 minutes of travel time between campuses. LOCUS tried to help by banning enrollment in two classes if there’s not a certain amount of time in between, but LOCUS doesn’t know how often there are backups on Lakeshore Drive, or whe the Red Line stalls before Belmont.
- Warn professors if you have to register during their class. Outbursts of either joy or anger are sure to happen somewhere along the way, so giving your professor a heads up beforehand is always polite.
- Be cognizant of your registration appointment on LOCUS. Sleeping through registration because it’s scheduled at 8:45 a.m. can only excuse your bad schedule for so long. After all, waking up early for one registration period is way better than having to wake up early every semester to get downtown for an 8:15 a.m. class.
CORE and all other classes can be found at luc.edu/locusà Search for a Classà Perform Class Search
- By Kim Cummins